We have talented individuals helping us achieve our client’s goals. #teamWilderCoe
We are always on the lookout for people to join our team, and you can find specific job vacancies to begin your career at Wilder Coe below. If we do not have any vacancies, you are always welcome to pop over your CV or make an informal enquiry about career opportunities with our HR (Human Resources) department.
Wilder Coe delivers the highest calibre service to a range of clients from a friendly and gifted team of accountants and business advisors. Joining our team, you will benefit from opportunities for career progression, social events, competitive salaries, and a range of employee benefits.
Are you looking to start your accountancy journey? Find out about our trainee recruitment programmes.
Partnership Development Programme
It is not just aspiring accountants we cultivate here at Wilder Coe; we pave the way for our managers to flourish with our Partnership Development Programme.
The programme focuses on seven key areas, with each area divided further into achieving certain milestones.
- Client management
- Technical expertise
- Financial management
- Admin management
- Developing others
- Business development
Alongside regular feedback review meetings and partaking in a management acumen qualification, participants of the programme get the opportunity to initiate their firm-wide project.
The application process and opportunity to demonstrate criteria will differ on an individual basis.
Personal Tax Supervisor / Assistant Manager – London Office
The Role and the opportunity
We are looking for a highly motivated, proactive, and commercially astute tax supervisor for our London office. This is a highly visible role, which will have significant exposure to experienced and senior stakeholders, with a varied set of responsibilities.
The position has been advertised as a Tax Supervisor / Assistant Manager role, but we are open to candidates interested in applying as a Tax Manager, depending on experience.
We understand that engaged and energised people are the key to our business success. We will therefore provide the opportunity for the successful candidate to grow and develop and expand their areas of interest. This can include opportunities to be involved in advisory work and/or business development.
The firm has an excellent record of supporting development and growth, with many of our senior managers and partners having either trained with us or joined the team as supervisors and assistant managers.
Working closely with Jamie Muirhead and Tim Cook, you will initially be responsible for ensuring the personal tax compliance process runs smoothly and opportunities to add value with bespoke advice are identified and implemented. As a training firm we benefit from the enthusiasm and fresh perspective of a team of ACA/CTA trainees. The successful candidate will work to train and develop the team while reviewing work prepared by more junior staff to ensure accuracy and quality, while offering actionable feedback and fine tuning our processes.
Furthermore, the role offers the opportunity to interface with each of our different departments to ensure we offer a joined-up service to a diverse portfolio from owner managed businesses and high-net-worth individuals.
In this newly established role, you will play an integral part in our tax team, making a significant impact on our clients by providing technically sound and commercially relevant tax guidance. You will need solid technical expertise and a strong background in personal tax, although broader tax experience is a plus.
The successful candidate will bring a confident, can-do attitude, combined with great attention to detail. The role will also involve training and mentoring junior staff, so developing team leadership and team-working skills are also very important.
Overall, this is an excellent opportunity for a tax supervisor/assistant manager to join a growing department in a rewarding new position and take the next step in your career.
Main duties and responsibilities
Technical & Practical
- Manage a diverse portfolio of personal tax clients, delivering high-quality income tax services to include preparing returns, handling client queries and portfolio management.
- Provide advisory services to a wide range of clients.
- Actively seeking opportunities to offer value-added services when appropriate.
- Maintain workflows and ensure reports are up to date.
- Liaise with HMRC, as needed to resolve queries or disputes or request statutory and non-statutory clearances.
- Complete the billing process effectively and efficiently. Ensure work is completed on time and within budget.
- Research tax queries/technical queries and propose solutions for review.
- Supervise and assist with training of more junior colleagues in the department.
- Review of personal tax returns and other work to ensure consistent quality.
- Assist with other ad hoc work within the department as required. Examples include review of corporation tax returns, assistance with VAT technical research and internal assistance preparation of in-year CGT returns, IHT returns and ERS returns.
- Develop and maintain good client relations to ensure high standards of customer care are met and we continue to been seen as their key advisor and important business partner.
- Liaise directly with clients to resolve queries or obtain further information, ensuring communication is timely, accurate and clear.
Managing work and communications
- Collaborate closely with Partners and Managers, while ensuring competing expectations are managed and deadlines are met.
- Regularly update senior stakeholders (internally and externally) on work in progress.
- Clear written communication for both a technical and non-technical audience, ensuring advice is actionable but thorough with a view to managing the firms’ risk exposure.
- Liaise with other departments within the firm, legal advisors and external tax advisors from other jurisdiction on tax related issues and to ensure a joined up service.
Developing Self and Others
- Stay up to date with changes to the UK tax legislation.
- Participate in training and mentoring more junior team members within the tax team.
- Undertake research and handle ad hoc projects.
- CTA or equivalent qualification
- Proficient in Microsoft packages,
- Experience using CCH income tax, or Alphatax corporation tax a plus
- Proven track record of managing own portfolio.
- Proven tax experience in producing high quality work within budget.
- Tax advisory experience
- Excellent inter-personal skills to work effectively with Partners and staff at all levels.
- Ability to listen, understand and adapt to the needs of clients and colleagues.
- Committed to high standards of client service, with attention to detail.
- Adept at assessing complex financial/operational/compliance processes and assessing risks.
- Proactive, and with a can do attitude.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to manage a client portfolio and ad hoc projects through prioritising work to handle conflicting demands and/or challenging pressures for resources.
- A strategic thinker yet pragmatic, commercial and results driven.
To learn more about this role and its main duties and responsibilities, you can apply here.