Not-for-profit organisations, charities and social enterprises carry out a wide array of activities and are an important part of the fabric of our society.
We understand the challenges that trustees and management face when running charities and look to bring a fresh perspective to assist you with compliance and provide extra help when required.
We also appreciate the extra obligations set by the charity commission and have strong technical expertise in dealing with the sector’s regulatory framework.
When working with us, you will receive a highly specialised, bespoke service that will add real value to your charity’s finance function. Based on many years of experience, our practical advice will help you resolve any matters that may arise constructively.
Our care and commitment to understanding our client’s governance and procedures will help you to improve your operations and maximise impact on your beneficiaries in an increasingly complex world.
We support smaller local, volunteer-led community projects through to high-profile and international organisations.
You will experience our personal and professional commitment to charities. Our expertise is born from a genuine affinity with the sector, and the teams’ personal involvement in charitable organisations.
Where we help your organisation:
- Annual reports (to be submitted to the Charity Commission)
- Tax planning
- Accounting systems and management reporting
- Governance and strategic planning
- Internal and external audit services
- Trading subsidiaries
- Bookkeeping and payroll outsourcing
- VAT compliance
- Fraud investigations
- People management and assistance with HR issues
Our experience serves charities of all shapes and sizes, in particular:
- Religious charities
- Community-based charities
- Environmental organisations
- Educational charities
- Membership organisations
Some examples of our work with the charity sector include, but are not limited to:
- Providing full accounting support outsourcing services, including payroll, bookkeeping and VAT to a national non-profit social enterprise that helps young people channel energies through sports
- Providing tax advice on government-led community projects that are delivering 15,000 homes and 30,000 jobs in Kent.
- Accounting for a faith-based foundation that enriches lives in the local community and preserves its legacy and heritage
- Guiding a health-based association that empowers those with hidden conditions with the drafting and implementing of their policy handbook
- A strong partnership auditing a faith-based organisation that supports the local community through many charitable endeavours
- Registered office services for a leading symphonic choir with a mission to engage the local community and young composers
- Providing audit and financial reporting advice for a new community housing project which required extra considerations due to complex donation situations
- Advising on preparation of governance policies and procedures including risk management and investment management policies for trustees for a new family charity including the introduction of Xero accounting software
- Guiding a European network of health innovators backed by EU funding through the transition and complications of setting up offices in Ireland with specific reference to payroll arrangements and ad hoc advisory support
Arrange a chat with our expert team of charity advisors here, and let’s discuss how we can help you and your organisation achieve its goals.
Sign up to receive our specialised quarterly charities newsletter and regular industry updates. You can also follow us on Twitter.