Investing in property appeals to many people. Rental yield, the opportunity for capital growth over the long-term and the option to secure borrowings to fund part of the cost, make property investment an attractive proposition.
However, as a property investor, you need to be aware of the potential tax pitfalls which could trip you up if you have not given sufficient thought to tax planning.
We can advise on a range of areas including:
- Stamp Duty Land Tax (SDLT)
- Income and capital gains tax
- Mortgage interest relief
- Form 17 declaration of benefits
- Rent a room scheme tax reliefs
- Furnished holiday let tax concessions
- Private lettings relief
- Main residence exemption
- Sale of part of the garden
- Financial cost relief
- Services for non-residential landlords
- Inheritance tax – including residential nil rate band allowance
- National insurance contributions
Our experts are also able to provide advice and practical solutions on a range of commercial tax issues including:
- Capital allowances on commercial property
- Gains on disposal
- Offsetting losses
- Property development and investments
Let us help minimise your property tax burdens – contact us now for expert advice.